Our policy is to always work with responsible breeders. Our selected breeders own premium bloodline dogs and provide their breeding dogs with quality healthcare, proper nutrition, daily exercise and medical attention. Both we at NewDoggy.com and our breeders believe that you can only have healthy puppies if you have healthy parents. All of our New Doggies are checked by a licensed veterinarian who makes sure that they are up to date with their vaccinations and who also provides them with a health certificate. It is important to note that this is no guarantee that your New Doggy will never get sick in the future. At the end of the day, it is mostly the care that these dogs receive at home that will determine if your New Doggy will live a long and healthy life.
Our Health Guarantee:
We guarantee that your New Doggy is healthy and free of serious infectious diseases on the day of departure.
Your New Doggy is guaranteed to be checked by our certified veterinarian before departure.
It is your responsibility to take your New Doggy to your own veterinarian to be examined within 72 hours after arrival. Any claims of unsatisfactory health condition must be reported to us immediately otherwise you may lose your right to this guarantee.
Our Health Guarantee does not cover anything as a result of accident or injury after your New Doggy’s arrival.
The guarantee period starts as soon as you receive your New Doggy.
What does our Health Guarantee cover?
- Congenital and/or genetic defects: our Health Guarantee covers your New Doggy against death caused by congenital and/or genetic defects for a period of 10 years from your New Doggy’s date of birth.
- Life altering congenital and/or genetic diseases: these diseases may not manifest for months or years but they can develop into a disability later on. These are: spine problems, liver problems, heart failure, kidney failure and generalized mange.
- Severe hip dysplasia: dogs having these severe conditions may show considerable discomfort and exhibit an unusual posture or walking by balancing themselves. Medical therapy has little corrective ability in these disorders therefore surgery is required in most cases.
- Fatal viruses: your New Doggy is guaranteed against fatal viruses (Distemper, Parvo, Corona virus) for 5 days after his or her arrival.
What isn’t covered by our Health Guarantee?
- Any stress or environmentally induced disorders such as, but not limited to kennel cough, pneumonia, cold, giardia, coccidiosis, etc., anything that is beyond our control once your New Doggy leaves our premise.
- Curable diseases: localized mange, cherry eye, bladder stones, inverted eye-lids, inverted tails, grade 1 and 2 heart murmur, grade 1, 2, 3 and 4 patellar luxation, testicular problems. (Please note that vet will check that both testicles have descended before departure.)
- The followning conditions that are considered normal in the bulldog breed, are not covered: cherry eye, dry eye, entropion, generalized and localized mange, inverted or reverse sneezing, hip dysplasia, patellar luxation, skin allergies.
- We cannot be responsible for any veterinarian bills or charges once your New Doggy leaves our premises. As a responsible dog owner, you agree to provide your New Doggy with the needed medical care. Set up a vaccination and check-up appointment with your trusted veterinarian. Dogs should adhere to their vaccination schedule to avoid catching preventable diseases. Owning a dog is a financial commitment so it is important to consider these and any other extra future expenses in case your New Doggy gets sick. Since veterinary costs can quickly stack up, getting your New Doggy pet insurance and taking your pet to the veterinarian as soon as symptoms start to show seem to be the most responsible practices.
- Our guarantee is no longer valid in cases of deliberate neglect (e.g. not giving necessary food, water, shelter or vet care) and cruelty (e.g. beating).
Should your New Doggy be diagnosed or die of any illness covered by our Health Guarantee, you are entitled to a new puppy in the value of your originally purchased dog. This includes travel cost.
To reclaim our Health Guarantee the following is necessary:
- Please inform us about any health issues immediately after learning about it.
- An original signed and stamped, official veterinary report is required to apply for your guarantee claim. Your New Doggy’s registered name and/or number, date of birth, and microchip number should all be included in the report. This report should be scanned and sent by e-mail or by fax within 24 hours after the examination. The official veterinary report must be clear and precise listing: the exact problem, its severity, the symptoms, all of the tests that have been carried out (e.g. blood test, x-ray, ultrasound, etc.).
- We reserve the right to require a second official veterinarian report from a different independent vet clinic.
- We may ask for photos and/or video recordings to see your New Doggy and analyse the case.
- We may ask for a radiograph in cases of severe hip dysplasia. Your New Doggy’s date of birth, registered name and/or number, microchip number, name of the veterinarian, name of the hospital making the radiograph and the date of the radiograph taken must be indicated on the film emulsion.
- Our licensed veterinarian or specialist will examine your claim before any form of remediation can start.
Should death occur, a necropsy report is required for us to further investigate and process your claim. We may reserve the right to ask for the dead dog to be sent back to us for further post mortem examinations. In such cases, if shipment is necessary, it is your responsibility to pay for it.